Is your wedding around the corner? And you have no idea how to celebrate it, yet? I understand that you want to make your spouse feel special on this very day and you can go to any extent to do so. But the question is, where to start from?
Anniversary is sure an important event that cannot be ignored and demands celebration. It is really sad to see some couples not even remember their anniversary dates, let alone celebrating it (umm, yes I am one of them). You know it can turn deadly for you to forget your anniversary if your spouse has killing tendencies. I saved myself at the last moment by getting online cake delivery in Gurgaon and pretending that I had planned it in advance. But, you can’t be lucky every time, it is better to memorize that golden date by heart and start planning for it if your anniversary is approaching.
Well, I can list down a number of ways to celebrate your anniversary this year, but, are you up for something creative this year? If yes, I’m going to share a delicious cake recipe which will surely make your partner fall in love with you all over again. The recipe is called blueberry lemon icebox cake. Let us begin with the recipe.
For the blueberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon warm water.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh).
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- 2 cups heavy cream or heavy whipping cream (480ml)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (30g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 7–8 full-sheet graham crackers (about 1 standard sleeve)
- Additional lemon zest and blueberries for garnish (optional).
This cake consists of 3 layers of graham crackers, 2 layers of blueberry sauce, and five layers of whipped cream. This recipe will produce about 4 cups of whipped cream and you will be using less than one cup for each layer.
To make the blueberry sauce:
- Start by blending in cornstarch, warm water, and lemon juice together in a bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved completely. Set aside
- Heat up the berries and sugar in a small saucepan on a medium flame. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes until juice is released from the blueberries.
- Next, add the above-prepared cornstarch mixture and continue stirring for another 3-4 minutes. Smash blueberries if required.
- As the mixture starts to thicken, remove it from the heat and add lemon zest. Keep it aside to cool completely, (use the refrigerator to fasten the process).
- Now, cover a loaf pan approx. 9×5 inches with a plastic wrap, keep it overhang on the edges as it will help to lift out the cake.
- Time to make the whipped cream
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer (as per availability) which has a fitted whisk attachment. With this, on medium-high speed for about three minutes, beat the confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice, until the mixture is soft.
- Now we are ready to assemble the cake. On the bottom of the pan, you prepared, lay out some tablespoons of whipped cream. Make sure the layers are very thin. This will help the lowest layer of the graham cracker to stick.
- Repeat the same process by spreading ¾ cup of this whipped cream on the top layer of the graham crackers.
- Take half of the blueberry sauce and layer it on the top, now take one other layer of the graham cracker and ¾th cup of the whipped cream, then the remaining blueberry sauce, then again ¾ cup whipped cream, another graham cracker, and finally the remaining whipped cream. phewww!
- You can also add on additional lemon zest and blueberries if you wish to.
- Now, cover it with plastic wrap or an aluminum foil and keep it to freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
- After you withdraw it from the freezer, let it soften for about 1 hour before stuffing it into the oven. Now, serve OR for about 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Using the sides, pull out the cake from the pan using those overhung paper. Cut into slices as you wish and serve chilled.
- Cover back the remaining and keep it in the refrigerator.
- And the cake is ready. See, baking is not that hard. But if you still feel that you are a horrible baker and there are chances that your spouse might divorce you after eating this cake prepared by you, then order cake online Noida and save yourself from a big mess.