Everyone thinks that traditional homes are hard to decor. With their intricate patterns and bold structures, you may struggle to find the right decor that matches the traditional style. One of those things that are hard to match is rugs or carpets.
There may be many questions swirling in your mind. What’s the right rug for your traditional home? And which one suits your bedroom or living room? and how much cost you’ve to spend on the traditional type of rugs? And many as such. It’s not too hard to find answers to these questions.
Rugs come in a variety of colours, patterns, and designs. They contain the intricate Persian models to minimalist modern patterns. So, choosing one for your traditional home might not be that hard.
Today, in this blog, we will let you know some of those rug designs that can match any kind of traditional room you have at your home.
Amazing Rug Textures for Traditional Homes
One thing you must decide before seeing the designs is whether you want machine-made or handmade designs. And the next thing you have to know is the texture of the rug material. It is essential because both factors affect the appearance of your room. Sometimes, the machine-made rugs may not look as good as the hand-made ones. So, we bring you this topic to let you know which kind of rugs are best-suited to what kind of room.
- Woollen carpet (hand-made)
Plush and soft on your feet – woollen rugs are always one of the best. For traditional homes like in India, hand-made Persian rugs with intricate patterns are best-suited. The highly complicated hand-knitting method used while making these rugs enhance any kind of room they are laid in, although they are most preferable in the living room. Available in medium to expensive range, these rugs are usually passed from one generation to another.
- Tuft carpets
Tuft carpets or rugs are best for the people who want velvety touch under their feet. Made with tufting guns that push the yarn into the fabric, they appear less woollen but more velvet. Because of their subtle thickness, they fit into any kind of room, enhancing the traditional look even more. You can place them in the living room, bedroom, or dining room; the smooth material is sure to make your home look more cosy and traditional.
- Silky smooth carpets
Silky smooth carpets increase the grandness and strongly pronounce the tradition that your home has. Known as the expensive rugs, silk rugs are normally seen in palaces, castles and luxurious homes as they increase the grandeur ten-fold. They are designed with the patterns inspired by nature and contain traditional motifs that speak the culture. As they appear luxurious and more expensive, they are better installed in living rooms where all the people can appreciate the beauty.
- Machine-made rugs (synthetic)
For people who are messy or have kids and pets at their home, machine-made rugs are the best choice to elevate the traditional décor. Made with nylon, polyester, rayon, and other artificial fibres, these are more stain-resistant than the natural rugs. Also, there’s no problem of fading with the man-made rugs. The best part is you don’t have to compromise in design. They are available in a wide array of colours, designs, and patterns that it’s not difficult to find one for your traditional home.
Key Points to Remember While Choosing the Rug
Buying a rug is an expensive and almost permanent affair. So, you can’t afford to make any mistakes. Below are a few key points that might help you find the right rug for your home.
- Always remember the colour and texture of your home before selecting the colour of the rug. Whether you want a traditional or modern rug –the selected rug must match with the entire architecture of your home.
- It’s essential to keep comfort in mind when you are browsing through the designs. Some rugs may look exceptional but cause discomfort while you walk on them. If you want a soft touch, then prefer smooth materials like wool, silk, tuft, etc.
- If you happened to buy an expensive rug, put it in a place where there’s minimal foot traffic in the living room. It protects the material from unnecessary damage.
- Make sure the rug is selected and is not slippery on the floor. Perhaps if it is, learn here how to stop the rug from slipping on the hardfloor.
- You also have to remember the rug should reflect the style of the room. For instance, a neutral tone room matches well with a colourful hand-woven rug (brings a nice contrast). Minimalist-styled rooms suit well with geometric patterned rugs. For traditional and vintage rooms, choose rugs that have rich colours and intricate patterns.
The Right Rug Brings Comfort and Elegance
When chosen right, rugs will bring a lot of comfort and elegance to your home. They make your space look more luxurious and also add value to it. On the other hand, the wrongly chosen rugs not only seem out of place in your room but you will also waste your time and money. So, make sure you’re selecting the rugs with the right material and fabric.